SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Growth hack enthusiast, passionate about design, testing and data analysis to maximize resources and reduce churn. Able to design a company strategy and comprehend competitive positioning to assemble a successful growth roadmap. Experience in the driving force in aligning the resources necessary especially with Product, International, Country Managers, and Engineering teams, while communicating goals effectively. Ability to utilize & be the point on industry standard analytics tools and proprietary systems. Strong knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking methods.
Examples of achievements include the following:
- 10+ years of experience of leading and executing successful growth projects resulting in increased organic traffic and conversions.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of Google’s search algorithm and its continuing evolution. (Panda, Penguin, Pigeon, Mobilegeddon, Phantom, RankBrain, Hummingbird, Fred, Medic)
- Developed growth strategy that delivered from 100K unique visitors at point of inception to 3.1M at acquisition.
- Lead effort to identify over 50,000 error URLs (404s) that plagued the website and devalued its authority (PR) on Google.
- Increased share of voice by 45% on average over divisions since the beginning of tenure.
- Grew business products and services visits (34%) unique visitors (23%) natural search (46%) respectively.
- Proliferated conversions across business units: Clicks to Chat (26%), GRS Forms (22%), and File Downloads (17%).
- Guided successful migration of over 120,000 pages to SEO friendlier CMS.
- Organized teams and third party vendors to share information, data and launches to collaborate for a concentrated effort.
- Evangelized the gospel of the Google gods, to show the importance of SEO friendly pages, relevant content and link density.
Interactive Photo Memories Inc. (Mixbook.com) September 2017 - Present
- Increased search engine coverage by 1,900 % by re-indexing 80K pages previously considered "non compliant".
- Orchestrated efforts to eliminate 100K server errors, 404s and duplicate content from the website.
- Insituted an internal linking module to help flatten site architecture and help distribute authority (juice) throughout the site.
- Spearheaded cand curated strategy to develop quality content and boosted blog traffic bu 345%.
- Mapped and aligned keyword research to match product lines and optmized HTML elements to achieve maximum oniline visibility while avoiding bloody competetion.
Growth Marketing and Customer Acquisition Lead
Autopilot HQ San Francisco, CA - March 2017 - August 2017 (Contract)
- Enhanced organic acquisition to website by 20%, using a combination of technical hacks, SEO friendly optimizations and minification of code to improve user experience.
- Lead efforts to launch various online properties for the purpose of education and hosting resources while optimizing other sites plagued with low visibility and online presence.
- Collaborated with teams to grow a community of potential customers, influencers and experts to promote the product via events and social activities.
- Organized competitive analysis to find weaknesses in opposition and developed a plan to enhance the firm’s positioning within a very competitive industry.
- Identified crucial customer journey path of target audience and strategized to set up a nurturing campaign via multi channels to increase lead flow.
Growth Marketing and Customer Acquisition Lead
indeni LTD, San Francisco, CA - April 2016 - January 2017 (Contract)
- Acquisition: Delivered on product initiatives and programs that impacted key organic growth via off-page and on-page and technical best practices of meta-tag and site speed optimization to reduce bounce rate and improve user experience.
- Activation: Implemented a system of coordinated CTAs to encourage engagement via exit intent pop ups, sticky bar, forms and optimized landing pages to increased CTR, sign ups designed to improve lead quality.
- Automation: Implemented a system of inbound marketing that conducted user research, monitored behavior and analyzed feedback to better comprehend long lifecycle funnels and refine MQLs and SQLs.
- Retention: Developed reactivation campaigns designed to drive growth and re-engagement, click throughs and create repeat visitors to the website.
- Revenue: Raised revenue by 50% during current growth project.
Enterprise SEO Analyst & Growth Hacker
Cisco Systems, San Jose, CA, June 2014 - March 2015
- Understanding of Cisco’s Cloud, Mobility and Enterprise products and services, competition industry landscape, and marketing goals and objectives.
- Reviewed and analyzed competitor sites and reverse engineer their organic search approach.
- Managed project to create landing pages to support SEO and channel optimization with A/B testing and data mining.
- Develop and execute against ideas that increase the Cisco.com conversion funnel by reducing friction and improving user experience.
- Work with internal Content and Creative/ web development Teams to improve on-page elements, internal linking and site quality.
Senior SEO Manager
eStorm International, San Francisco, CA, September 2012 – May 2014
- Partnered and managed cross-functional teams across Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Engineering and IT teams to heightened visibility on SERPs and enhance conversions.
- Educated internal and external resources on the importance of SEO as a part of a multi-variant strategy to reach, grow and convert traffic into customers.
- Planned, managed and participated in discussions with clients about new product releases, marketing and sales objectives and engineering team bandwidth to develop and implement SEO strategies.
- Pitched clients on new projects to maintain industry relevance, as well as develop strategies to combat algorithmic changes.
- Worked along engineers and webmasters to reverse Google penalties and return websites to the index.
SIRI Language & Cloud Analyst (Contract)
Apple Incorporated, Cupertino, CA, January 2012 – June 2012 (Contract)
- Analyze raw transcription data and translated into English and Spanish language.
- Interpreted text to speech data to determine trends, query intent and ground truth for mobile web metrics.
- Configured components such as localize trends, default language as well as geographic regions with specific functionality such as spelling checkers and speaker text engines.
- Test availability of drivers for local hardware and searched for encryption algorithms incorporated into applications.
Founder, SEO Analyst and Consultant
SEO Shake, San Francisco, CA, January 2012 – September 2012
- Researched and managed content strategy, social dispersion, optimized code hygiene and audited web architecture for international websites.
- Delivered qualitative and quantitative analysis reports to identify opportunities, risk and growth potential within the client’s industry.
- Conducted and mastered in-depth keyword research and continuously identify areas of opportunity and growth.
- Researched, developed, and continuously acquired advertising partnerships from authoritative websites.
- Managed all phases of a partner’s operational life-cycle, including pre-sales, implementation scoping, testing, analysis, launch, ongoing performance review, expansion and optimization, as well as ongoing account support and management.
Search Analyst (LATAM) (Contract)
Yahoo! Sunnyvale, CA, June 2011 – December 2011
- Defined relevancy of search queries to comprehend user wants and needs, while making product feature suggestions based on the competitive landscape and user climate for growth strategy in addition to classifying online content.
- Served as monitor and analyzed site traffic/usage data to make programming decisions.
- Participated in regular testing and QA assignments and achieved more than 90% quality rate for navigational and informational queries.
- Concise written and oral communication skills for the purpose of presenting online analytics and metrics data.
Uptake Network Incorporated, Palo Alto, CA, August 2009 – April 2011 (Acquired by Groupon)
- Implemented key marketing partnership initiatives to support the Company’s content aggregation and robust organic SEO growth with original content sources, travel, attractions, and local sites.
- Analyzed, optimized, for growth of search engine traffic (SEO) projects on a global and local market level, and meeting monthly/quarterly unique user goals.
- Drive new ideas and processes to improve performance of global SEO projects across web and mobile, including link building partnerships, content marketing and keyword development.
- Perform detailed analysis to make quantifiable optimization decisions.
- Device targeting logic, regularly testing various changes to incentives, creative, offers, messaging, etc. across various website, mobile and project components.
NON- PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
December 2005 – Present
- Counselor and Technology mentor at the San Francisco Business Development Center
- Served as charting member of the Lions Club of San Francisco State University while organizing fundraising events for scholarships for minority students.
- Organized, plan and executed eyeglass recycling projects to benefit communities in foreign countries to improve children’s vision.
- Active member in Project Homeless Connect in San Francisco where I serve as a Spanish translator for families and individuals in need of food, clothing and medical care.
- Executive committee and founding member for the Latino Startup Alliance.
- Social Web and Technology Director for Rhinoceros Toast Masters Business Club in San Francisco.
- Seminar speaker at San Francisco SCORE and the SBA local chapters.
Bachelor of Sciences in Business Administration with a Marketing emphasis
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
- Fluent in English, HTML and Spanish.
- Competent communicator and public speaking aficionado
- Loyal Giants fan
- Futbol weekend warrior
- Advanced salsa dancer
References available upon request